Rejuvenate Advanced Skin Care – Laser Treatment Tips
The success of your laser hair removal treatment depends upon the individual and the technology used. The main factors to consider are: colour of hair and skin, Health factors including medication and endocrine issues (hormones), Natural hair cycles – the number of hair cycles an individual has and frequency of each cycle (how quickly they grow), areas treated and Compliance and completion.
Avoid the sun for 4-6 weeks before treatment. TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED
- Avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hairs for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- Discontinue the use of tanning products 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Shave the evening before or on the morning of your treatment. Get as clean a shave as you can as this will reduce any discomfort during the laser treatment
- Ensure that the area is kept cool and that any heat treatment such hot baths, showers, saunas or steam rooms are avoided for at least 24 hours after treatment or as long as any redness is present.
- Iced water or aloe vera may be applied at home if there is any redness or discomfort after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure after treatment and in between treatment to avoid pigmentation problems. The skin will also be more photosensitive after laser treatment the use of an SPF 30+ is essential throughout the course of treatment.
- Do not pick or scratch the skin after treatment
- Do not wax or pluck hairs in between treatments. Shaving is fine.
- New cycle hair regrowth will not occur until about 3 weeks after treatment so ensure that sufficient time has been left between treatments. 4 weeks for facial retreatment and 6 weeks for the body.
- If there are any side effects which are not usual i.e. burning, blistering etc, ensure that you contact your clinic or G.P immediately.