Many of you have questions with regards to what you can or cannot do before and during your Laser Hair Removal Treatment – the following is a list of details that we have compiled that should help you with your questions:
Laser Hair Removal – DON’T
Laser Treatments cannot be carried out if the client has an active tan, there must be an average of 4/6 weeks before the area can be treated (depending on the individual skin type).
- Laser Treatments cannot be done if the client has false tan on the area on the day of treatment, leave at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- No waxing, plucking or threading 6/8 weeks prior to your treatment and cannot be used for the duration of your laser course.
- Do not bleach or use depilatory creams for at least 1 week before your first treatment and they cannot be used for the duration of the laser course.
- 24-48 hours after the treatment the following activities should NOT be carried out: swimming, sauna, jacuzzi, steam rooms, hot showers or baths.
- To avoid itching or irritation do not wear tight fitted clothing.
Laser Hair Removal – DO
- If you have had any change in medication or medical conditions since your last visit, please advise your therapist.
- Shaving 24 hours prior to your treatment is advisable.
- Shaving or cutting the hair, between treatments, is allowed.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel to the treated area as it may be red or swollen. The redness can last from 2-3 hours up to 2-3 days.
- Body or facial scrubs can be used 1 week prior to or 1 week after treatment.