Guest speaker on the evening, Elsa Jones, a nutritionist & TV-Radio broadcaster, shared her 7 STEPS TO SUPER SKIN.
- 1Switch your liver on every morning with hot water & lemon.
- 2Arm your skin with antioxidants (get your 5-a-day in a rainbow of colours).
- 3Fill up on good fats for beautiful skin (Eat 2 avocados and 2 portions of oily fish per week and aim for a spoon of olive oil a day).
- 4Add Vito-estrogenic foods to your diet to balance hormones, especially if ageing skin is your concern. (Found in lentils, soybeans and chickpeas).
- 5Ditch the sugar and become more sugar-aware of food labels.
(Understand that 4 grams of sugar listed on ingredients is equal to 1 teaspoon of sugar – max 6 a day).
- 6Get enough Zinc to fight problem skin. (1 handful of pumpkin seeds daily).
- 7Increase your Selenium intake to protect skin. (4 brazil nuts a day).